NYT Suppresses US Support for ISIS
by Stephen Lendman
Longstanding Times policy suppresses what’s most important to report – especially on issues of war and peace.
Its editorial policy supports naked US aggression – in Korea, Southeast Asia, the rape of Yugoslavia, and notably post-9/11.
Nothing about Washington’s support for ISIS is explained, creating and using its terrorists as imperial foot soldiers, especially in Iraq and Syria – heading wherever US policymakers intend deploying them destructively.
Instead of exposing America’s evil agenda, Times editors headlined “What It Will Take to Bankrupt ISIS,” avoiding the obvious answers:
- End US support;
- Stop recruiting arming, funding, training, directing and using its elements as imperial foot soldiers;
- Stop bashing Russia – cooperate against a scourge vital to eliminate;
- Wage real, not phony, war on terrorism, allied with Moscow’s effective campaign, working cooperatively with Syrian ground forces, letting them recapture earlier lost territory;
- End all US imperial wars;
- Forthrightly work to resolve all ongoing conflicts diplomatically;
- Replace endless wars with permanent peace – for the first time in US history;
- Save humanity from the scourge of potential nuclear war able to end life on earth.
Instead, Times editors perpetuate the myth of US war on ISIS, ignoring its use of terrorist foot soldiers, saying nothing about clear evidence of Turkey’s Erdogan profiting from the sale of stolen Syrian and Iraqi oil – crediting Washington with Russia’s destruction of ISIS oil facilities and tanker trucks, delivering oil to Turkey unobstructed for black market sales.
ISIS has many sources of revenue, including from illicit drugs, their sales a US speciality, notably from Afghan poppy fields, the CIA profiting hugely – another major issue The Times suppresses.
Its editors listed ISIS revenue sources without any explanation of direct US involvement. Its operations couldn’t exist without Washington’s complicity. Instead, they claimed it’s hard “to close off (its) money spigot,” especially when it’s supported, not opposed.
Times editorials, commentaries, op-eds and articles never explain the failure of US-led airstrikes on Syria and Iraq since last year to hit a single ISIS target – infrastructure and government ones only, slaughtering civilians in harm’s way, a high crime virtually ignored.
The Times systematically suppresses what’s most important to report, including:
- America’s permanent war policy, lawless by any standard;
- Ongoing naked US aggression in multiple war theaters, on the phony pretext of fighting terrorism, humanitarian intervention and/or democracy building – its agenda polar opposite;
- Its longstanding aim to replace all independent governments with pro-Western puppet regimes, having no legitimacy whatever;
- Eventual confrontation with Russia and China, risking WW III.
Issues demanding daily featuring go ignored. The Times and other media scoundrels share guilt – letting America and its rogue allies get away with mass murder, high crimes currently raging, about to worsen after Britain launched naked aggression on Syria.
Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
His new book as editor and contributor is titled “Flashpoint in Ukraine: US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III.”
Visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com.
Listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network.
It airs three times weekly: live on Sundays at 1PM Central time plus two prerecorded archived programs.