Elements of Trump’s No-Peace/Peace Plan?
by Stephen Lendman (stephenlendman.org – Home – Stephen Lendman)
Unnamed sources with claimed access to Trump’s plan say it contains the following provisions – subject to revisions before release:
1. A Palestinian state (in name only) with limited sovereignty (meaning none) in around half of the West Bank where Palestinians are allowed to live plus Gaza – minus land Israel keeps stealing for unrestricted settlement construction.
2. Israel to retain militarized security control over the Occupied Territories, including its resources, borders, air space, and offshore waters.
3. Israel to maintain control over the Jordan Valley.
4. Increasingly shrinking East Jerusalem Arab neighborhoods to become part of a Palestinian state, excluding the Old City, location of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, Islam’s third holiest site, along with the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Currently, the Old City is comprised of the Muslim, Christian, Armenian and Jewish Quarters. The Western Wall, adjacent to the Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa Mosque, is in the Old City – the small area covering around a square kilometer.
5. Abu Dis near East Jerusalem is the proposed Palestinian capital.
6. Palestinians and Jordan would share religious jurisdiction over Old City Muslim holy sites.
7. Gaza will be part of a Palestinian state if Hamas renders itself defenseless by disarming.
8. Diaspora Palestinians are denied their international law guaranteed right of return to their homeland.
9. The Trump administration recognizes Israel as the homeland of the Jewish people, Palestinians to have sovereignty in name only in areas they’re permitted to reside in.
Trump’s no-peace/peace plan is scheduled to be released in mid-to-late June, most Arab leaders likely to publicly reject what they’ll privately support, notably Saudi Arabia, other Gulf states and Egypt.
Trump officials are seeking support from Palestinian figures not connected to the PA or Hamas, willing to serve Israeli interests – with replacing Abbas in mind.
Netanyahu reportedly intends using Trump’s scheme to win support from a Knesset majority and Arab leaders, along with initiating another round of no-peace/peace talks.
Trump’s scheme is an attempt to legitimize illegitimate Israeli control over history Palestine – Palestinians granted limited sovereignty in name only, Israeli militarized control remaining unchanged.
The plan is designed to be rejected. Whether Palestinian leadership bends to heavy pressure, going along with what’s clearly unacceptable, remains to be seen.
VISIT MY NEW WEB SITE: stephenlendman.org (Home – Stephen Lendman). Contact at email@example.com.
My newest book as editor and contributor is titled “Flashpoint in Ukraine: How the US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III.”